ALABAMA WOMEN’S CAUCUS FOR ART - Call for Art - JURIED EXHIBITION
MYTH IN FORM ART CALL:
All ALWCA members are invited to submit work for public viewing at the Carnegie Visual Arts Center in Decatur, Alabama, September 29, 2023, through
November 4, 2023.
- The theme of this exhibition will be Myth in Form.
- The word Myth references the possibility that revered ideas may or may not actually be true. In Form, refers to the objects we make, assuming that these objects are based on what we think and what we want the viewer to see.
- All ALWCA members are eligible for this show. All visual art mediums accepted for consideration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR IMAGE FILES
- Submissions are limited to 5 high quality images per artist.
- Artists must include a headshot or working artist photo with submission.
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: 1500 pixels or greater on the longest dimension
- File resolution: 300 ppi/dpi
- File size: 5MB maximum
- The deadline for submitting work/proposals is June 7, 2023.
- There is no fee for this members-only call.
- The artist is responsible for delivering the artwork to and from the exhibition. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist.
- The Carnegie Visual Arts Center (CVAC) will retain a 50% commission on the sale of all exhibition entries available for purchase. Artists with CVAC membership (starting at $50 annually) receive a discounted commission rate of 40%. Membership with CVAC can be established online at www.carnegiearts.org or by phone at (256-341-0562) if desired. Selling prices are determined by the artist.
- Application Deadline: June 7, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: July 05, 2023
- Delivery: Work must be dropped off during the week of September 6-9, 2023 from 11AM-5PM to Anna Sue Courtney - Studio #268 (second floor south) Lowe Mills Art & Entertainment, 2211 Seminole Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805 or mailed to ALWCA, PO Box 588, Huntsville, AL 35804.
- Opening Reception (registration required): September 29, 2023
- Take-down: The CVAC will accept artists to retrieve their work from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm on Saturday, November 11th. Work may also be retrieved the week of November 7th, Tue - Fri (10:00 am - 4:30pm).
- Group take-down: November 5th, 2023 (12:30 pm - 3:00 pm).
If you have questions, please contact the exhibition committee using the e-mail listed below.
Aaryn Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org